Italy- My One day Getaway to Venice (Part 2)

Gondolas is a frequent sight in Venice
Photobucket

San Giorgio Maggiore taken from Piazza San Marco
Photobucket

Lido at the other side :)
Photobucket

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to go onto both islands. :(((

Summer heat is coming!!! It was getting warmer since morning but Venice is still filled with tourist.
Photobucket

The Gondoliere awaiting for potential customers :)
Photobucket

Venice is a place that could get quite confusing at times as their narrow alleys looked the same. Thus, it would be wise for you to take down building numbers when you happen to see so you are able to navigate your way around this small city.

I took this photo of the church which I don't seem to remember. My apologies but I thought I should just share with you readers out there. (if anyone knows of this building, feel free to drop me a comment)
Photobucket

I was tired after walking for awhile and sat by the steps of the canal...
Photobucket

Found my way to a "Fish" market which has been closed for the day. I said it with a " " because it smells fishy when I went in :P
Photobucket

Being cautious of my bearings when I was walking...I GOT LOST and came upon this piazza which was like super big and you could see the slow and relax life people of Venice are enjoying.
Photobucket

Found my way to San Giovanni e Paolo, a fine, huge Dominican church with the tombs of many Doges.
Photobucket

Took my chance to snap some photos secretly
Photobucket

I guess this is the tomb of the Doges?
Photobucket

The alter of the church
Photobucket

The buildings around the church...typical Venice
Photobucket

And I chance upon a drink with a weird name... CHINO!
Photobucket

Never tried it thou.

Just to side track abit...In Europe, they call Asians, Chino be it if you are Chinese, Malay or Indian

I was already walking back to the train station to head to another part of Italy to continue my journey when I saw a little girl taking a shot of this wonderful shot and I gave my "artistic" photo taking another try.
Photobucket


The rest are some random shots I took on my way back...I hope you like it as this marks my day trip of Venice.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I left Venice with a heavy thou I have only been there for less then 18 hours? I really left that this city is vibrate in its own special way and that I hope this city would be still around in the next decade so that people can still visit this small but wonderful city before it submerge into the sea. GOOD BYE VENICE!

8 comments:

~Joeanney~ | November 07, 2010 9:24 PM

makes me wanna go Italy so badly :(

Hilda Milda™ | November 07, 2010 10:05 PM

Uuuuu, I saw some of the scenes here in the latest episode of American Next Top Model. So preeeeeety!

-jiajia- | November 08, 2010 12:14 AM

WOW!you really did went there?
AMAZING!

ulricng | November 08, 2010 12:23 AM

Thanks all for your comments :)

jiajia: yup I went there and it was beautiful.

TikkoSS | November 10, 2010 12:50 AM

looks familliar.. i think i been here before :P

Chuen | November 10, 2010 12:59 AM

amazing place...wish to travel there some day. nice pics btw :)

ulricng | November 10, 2010 1:24 AM

thanks for the pictures comments :)
appreciate it

Xue Ren | November 13, 2010 8:22 PM

this place such an amazing one! feel like going there for vacation :)

Post a Comment