October 2009 - Land of the Catalans (Part 2)

Sorry guys for the late post as I was too busy packing my stuff when I was still in Dublin. So glad I left the place and currently in Sofia (Bulgaria). I will update my Eastern Europe trip when I'm done with my Barcelona post.


So back to Barcelona, as mention previously it is a place filled with awesome looking buildings like the Barcelona Cathedral, Sangrada Familia and other buildings that were design by Gaudi (La Pedrera and La Casa Batlló


First stop, I went to the Barcelona Cathedral. Some history of the CathedralIt is built on the site of a Paleo-Christian basilica. Work began on the building during the Romanesque period, but it was finished according to Gothic artistic principles, which was the prevailing style at the time of its completion. Ok let the pictures do the talking...
Photobucket
The little pond inside the front yard of the Cathedral...
Photobucket
I was lucky as there was a choir performance and they sung beautifully...
Photobucket
The pipe organ behind the hall
Photobucket


Next Sangrada Familia, as many have commented in my previous post that it looks like a castle, but it is not. Here are more pictures :) 
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The crucifix outside the main door
Photobucket
Photobucket
Interior of the still constructing church
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Waited like 2 hours plus to get onto the lift to get up to the top of the church...advise for all of you out there, go early to avoid the crazy queue.


View from the top
Photobucket
Can you spot the penis looking building???
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket


Afterwards, I went to a nearby restaurant to try some Spanish food...
Photobucket
Tapas
Photobucket
Chicken Paella
Photobucket
Then I just roam around the streets and snap pictures of interesting looking buildings...
Photobucket
Casa Batlló
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Casa Milà, better known as La Pedrera
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I didn't went into the both the above mentioned building cause I was like rushing off to another place and there was a long queue to get into the 2 building and you still have to pay like 15 euros each or something to get in...basically no time and no money...
So stay tune to my final part of the Barcelona trip, meanwhile comment what you think about the buildings...

4 comments:

Unknown | May 22, 2010 12:13 PM

PENIS !!! hahaz...

ohmywtf | May 22, 2010 1:20 PM

OMG! The cathedral just look so majestic!!

Hilda Milda™ | May 22, 2010 3:00 PM

the buildings there are so gigantic! wish to visit there some day (:

Kelvin | May 22, 2010 5:53 PM

The Cathedral is magnificent:D

Post a Comment