Austria-Vienna (Part 1)

I was eager to reach Vienna as I have a high school friend studying there named Xiaoman and it has been like 6 years since I last saw her.

Finally the train arrived at Vienna :)
Photobucket

At the train station
Photobucket

Arrived at a 3star hotel that my friend booked
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Met Xiaoman for dinner and off to bed cause tomorrow it will a long day of exploring Vienna :)

The next day, my first destination was Stephansdom (St. Stephen's Cathedral)
Photobucket


Inside of the church, there are like tons of tourist but the church was big enough to house everyone
Photobucket
Photobucket


Memorial that commemorates the Austrian Jews killed in the Holocaust 
Photobucket
Photobucket


Pass by a building that looks like a castle or maybe Hogwarts? 
Photobucket

The Pestsäule (the far end statue) on Graben  street that was erected after a huge epidermic by Emperor Leopold I 
Photobucket


Next I went to the humongous Hofburg Palace, it is one of the biggest palace I have been and it was spectacular, just look at the amount of visitors and you will know :)
Photobucket


Ticket Sellers dressed like Mozart outside the Hofburg Palace selling tickets for Mozart concert.
Photobucket


The other side of the Hofburg Palace
Photobucket


The Vienna Parliament
Photobucket


Outside the Parliament
Photobucket


Walked further and reached the Rathaus, Vienna's City Hall
Photobucket


Next is the Votivkirche, where it was constructed for the rescue of an Emperor
Photobucket
read more about the history here


I love Europe because you can enjoy the sun anywhere
Photobucket


.......and you can drive this kind of automobile :)
Photobucket


Next I went to this awesome looking church called Karlskirche which is the largest Baroque cathedral north of the Alps
Photobucket


Another shot from another angle
Photobucket


When I was at Karlskriche, there was this festival going on but I have no idea was it was in German and Austrians were dressed in their traditional costume dancing
Photobucket


Lastly, I went to the Soviet Victory Monument near the church and caught this awesome shot :) 
Photobucket


Don't you just love Vienna? I fell in love with this place together with the rich music history this place has...


More to come...stay tune :) 

12 comments:

Hilda Milda™ | July 23, 2010 10:45 PM

I'm really amazed by those enormous buildings especially the St. Stephen's Cathedral :O

~Joeanney~ | July 23, 2010 10:47 PM

woah!! all the buildings are so gorgeous!

Nana Lana | July 23, 2010 10:54 PM

My oh My!!! how jealous m i !!!

Vienna, it's so rich in their architectures n histories~ ^*^

such an artsy place! btw, da automobile is so cool!

if i were to drive 'em in Msia, sure die of excess-inhalation of exhaust gas! LOL

Unknown | July 23, 2010 10:58 PM

So nice, I wish I'm rich and I can travel anywhere I want~ Sigh!!

TOLANIC | July 23, 2010 11:01 PM

The 3-star hotel doesn’t look like 3-star. =)

nebular | July 23, 2010 11:13 PM

This was great and enjoying the scene, so beautiful with harmny and peace. Thanks Ulricng..........

Cicadasx | July 23, 2010 11:24 PM

Damn Im super jealous.
Will sell my brother to go there and take all the lovely pics
:(

ulricng | July 23, 2010 11:31 PM

thanks guys for the comments :)

@tolanic: its really a 3 star hotel.

best travel deal | July 24, 2010 3:55 AM

nice images of the sightseeing.. not such a good hotel .. even though .. the only thing you did was sleeping there .. right :)

Glo-w~* | July 24, 2010 8:57 AM

i want to go there someday^^ love t just marvel at the architecture ^^

Shuwen | July 24, 2010 5:26 PM

LOVE THE BUILDINGS. omg i feel like I just jumped into Clash Of the Titans or something LOLOLOL

Teh Tarik Drinker | July 25, 2010 12:43 PM

look at the infrastructure of the place. the town is beautiful man.... this has got to be in my list of place to travel for my next euro trip next year...

tehtarikmemoirs.com

Post a Comment