Hungary-Budapest (Part 2)

Woke up and went to the market for breakfast...on the way saw a church and a monument so I just snap a photo of it. 


The Church
Photobucket


The Monument next to the church
Photobucket


The Market where the locals patronize so often
Photobucket


Inside of the market (dry and clean =D)
Photobucket

The food stalls are on the upper levels
Photobucket


My Breakfast (cabbage roll in some meat mixed with rice and a sausage) 
Photobucket


View from the Upper levels
Photobucket


Did I tell you I love pastries :) 
Photobucket


Left the market and went to the City Park where there are tons of tourist attractions.


First off, there is huge building and inside is the Széchényi Spa where the locals and tourist took their baths. I was too shy to shower in public so I move on :)


Széchényi Spa
Photobucket


Next Stop, Vajdahunyad Vára it looks like a mini disney land from outside but this is how it looks inside.


A church opposite the castle.
Photobucket


The castle inside Vajdahunyad Vára but it was closed :(
Photobucket


Left the place and head to HEROES' SQUARE!!!
Photobucket


The Museum of Fine Arts  was just beside the Heroes' Square 
Photobucket


There was a carnival going on beside the Musuem of Fine Arts so I went to take a look.


Look at all the food stalls lined up
Photobucket


It was a Horse Riding Competition
Photobucket


After awhile, I went to another place called PAPRIKA that was recommended by the hostel staff


The food I ordered
PhotobucketPhotobucket


We ended our day visit with the House of Terror which used to housed in the secret police headquarters during the period of the Nazi and Communist eras. 


House of Terror
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Next post...my last day in Budapest :) Stay tune





5 comments:

Jaerragus | July 08, 2010 7:40 PM

Is the hero's square empty or is it just big??

Ken Wooi | July 08, 2010 10:50 PM

no matter where, the place in europe looks the same to me.. haha.. and it's definitely making me miss the place =)

Black Jeopardy | July 09, 2010 12:22 AM

I went to the famous market and hero square as well. There's an art museum near the heroes square, did you see it? Also, for the observant, PRIM-APEK!

v!vi@n | July 09, 2010 12:54 PM

wooooohoooo...i love all the old style building...so nice....

El Cid Vacation | July 28, 2010 1:10 PM

Aside from it's music Hungary as a country has a lot to offer. Their churches got a very picturesque architecture.

Post a Comment