Hungary-Budapest (Part 1)

So after boring Belgrade, I've landed in Budapest. Before coming to this place, I always thought that Budapest is kinda old and a place for drug trafficking all thanks to the movies. To my surprise, this Capital was called Budapest because there are two island to this Capital, namely Buda and Pest thus giving it's name.

Train down to Budapest
Photobucket

Budapest HERE I COME!!!
Photobucket

We arrived during the evening and checked into this hostel called boomerang and I was given a whole apartment when I only booked a twin private. DAMN COOL! Unfortunately, the photos is with my friend so I couldn't share with you guys how big it was, not to mention the staff are very friendly. After checking in, I decided to check out the place abit before heading for dinner in a restaurant that was recommended by the staff in the hostel.

St. Stephen Basilica during a rainy night
Photobucket

We walked further down abit to view the famous Chain bridge that linked Buda and Pest together.

The Chain Bridge
Photobucket

It was drizzling quite heavily and I decided to head for dinner and have an early night. The place I went was Lugas and they serve typical Hungarian food and it's pretty near my hostel.

Lugas
Photobucket

Food we ordered
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

We woke up pretty early and decided to cover the stuff over at Buda as we were staying in Pest. It wasn't a great day to explore as it was raining, nevertheless we still brave out into the rain and explore.

First stop, the Parliament building which is situated at Pest.
Photobucket

We then head over to Pest and by that time, I was totally drench in the rain since my umbrella was already damage in Dublin(long time ago) so I threw it away.
Photobucket

We saw this buffet restaurant with free flow champagne and decided to head in to seek shelter from the rain and meanwhile grab some food since it was near lunch time.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

After the buffet, I was on my way the the Fisherman's Bastion which is a place that overlooks the whole of Pest and along the way I came across this church called St Mary's Church but it was close found the church architecture nice so I took a photo of it.
Photobucket

Fisherman's Bastion
Photobucket

The awesome view
Photobucket

The Parliament from Fisherman's Bastion (isn't it magnificent!) 
Photobucket

The Matthias Church that is situated opposite the Fisherman's Bastion which is undergoing reconstruction.
Photobucket

A monument beside the Matthias Church
Photobucket

After absorbing the view, next on the list was to see the Royal Palace that is about 20minutes from the Fisherman's Bastion.
Random shot I took upon leaving the Fisherman's Bastion areaPhotobucket


Sat the Funicular up to the Royal Palace.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

On the top
Photobucket 

The Main gates of the Royal Palace that greets you after you leave the Funicular terminal
Photobucket
Photobucket

View from the Royal Palace towards Pest
Photobucket

The Royal PalacePhotobucket

Backyard of the Royal Palace
Photobucket

A sign showing the places of interest to visitors
Photobucket

After exploring abit, we went back down and went back to Pest and to a Jewish Synagogue.

The Bridge on the other side of Chain Bridge
Photobucket

But before that, want to show you guys something below castle hill (does it reminds u of God of War?)
Photobucket

Looking back to Royal Palace on the bridge
Photobucket

Back in Pest...The Great Synagogue, the biggest Synagogue in Europe, and is rumored to be the most impressive in the world.
Photobucket

Keep a lookout for my other days in Budapest! will be updating them soon.

7 comments:

Dewi Batrishya | July 07, 2010 12:41 AM

The night view is just Awesome!!
& I Love friendly people.. ^^
Gosh! How I wish u would Take me with u.. (T.T)

Unknown | July 07, 2010 10:17 AM

u'll get used to slr realy soon. hahaz..

Sweetdb | July 07, 2010 11:13 AM

Really beautiful place

Black Jeopardy | July 07, 2010 12:33 PM

Nicely done bro, you got some of the nice shots, though you should have spent more time at chain bridge, the long exposure shots are often worth it.

ezdevon | July 08, 2010 11:47 AM

nice view,,,,

Rolling Funbling Thug | July 08, 2010 3:21 PM

Beautiful :)

Nana Lana | July 08, 2010 9:14 PM

gosh... i hv yet to b done v south-east asia! 10 more years b4 i head for europe? LOL

Post a Comment